Reasons to take up dance as a form of fitness. So many health benefits ❤️
👣 improves condition of your heart & lungs
👣 increases muscular strength and endurance
👣 greater self-confidence and self-esteem
👣 grows your social life
👣 stronger bones, better coordination, agility and flexibility
Our Bollywood & Bhangra workshops, are friendly and inclusive, go at your own pace!
Our dance workshops are low impact - we will be moving to music for health and well being, and your coordination will be challenged! We will on occasion be dancing with props - Indian scarves.
TYPICAL BOLLYWOOD DANCE WORKSHOP PROGRAMME:
* Warm up to some soulful Bollywood music
* Learn some dance steps and the meaning behind them
* Exercises for the hands to increase mobility and flexibility - essential for Indian dance
* Warm down stretches and goodbyes
* We do get asked to dance at local community events and so if you wish to participate you are most welcome - this is an opportunity to dress up in authentic Indian costumes (we have lots!) and show what we have learnt AND its fun.
What to wear to a workshop?
Something loose and comfortable that gives freedom of movement - specialist footware is not required, so bare foot or trainers/plimpsoles will be fine. If you have an Indian outfit, why not dress to impress and wear it!
Please bring a water bottle. There is a kitchen at the venue and so you will be able to have water, and we have a tea break.
Wear flat shoes and comfortable clothes. It is possible to attend for half the session if time is short or you want to have a taster session. There is a tea break during the session.