This interactive online classroom, delivered via Webex, will help coaches recognise poor practice and the red flags of abuse, while also prompting a review of your coaching practice to ensure that you provide a positive and enriching experience for all children.
You will be able to:
- identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
- explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
- recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
- take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.
Technical requirements to access the online classroom:
You can access the online classroom through your mobile phone, tablet, PC or laptop. The online classroom is powered by Webex.
You will need the following equipment:
- Headset or a device with speakers
- Device with a microphone
- Ability to connect directly into your router (WiFi access may drop out)
Check with your NGB or regulatory sporting body as to what their minimum requirements are for safeguarding training.
Joining instructions will be sent out by the day before the course date.
PLEASE NOTE: Delegates must be 18 years or over to access this course.