Summary: Grants are available for sailing clubs in the UK to promote participation in boating by those who are disadvantaged by reason of youth, age, infirmity or disability, financial hardship or social circumstances.
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Social Welfare Outcomes
- Glasgow Life
About RYA Foundation
The Foundation seeks to promote participation in boating for those who may otherwise find it difficult to partake in the sport due to age, infirmity or disability, financial hardship or social circumstances. Grants are available for:
- Volunteer recruitment.
- Provision for children and young people.
- Equipment provision.
Funding is available for the following:
- Volunteer recruitment - applications will be considered for:
- Activities that seek to increase the number and capacity of volunteers to assist with boating for disadvantaged people.
- Training - applications will be considered for:
- Activities that raise members' awareness of issues surrounding disability and other disadvantages affecting participation in boating.
- Activities that seek to increase the participation of disadvantaged people in assisting others to sail.
- Activities that require the involvement of RYA-qualified instructors to increase on-water activity.
- Provision for children and young people - applications will be considered for activities with people aged from five to 21 years which:
- Encourage the involvement in boating of pupils of schools which make provision for disadvantaged people.
- Encourage the involvement of young people in the sailing activities of mainstream organisations.
- Encourage organisations for young people to develop sailing activities.
- Equipment provision - applications will be considered for grant-aid towards the provision of:
- Boats and equipment.
- Items which increase opportunities for people to participate in boating.
- Minor adaptations to buildings, equipment, or boats to improve use by people with disabilities.
- The provision of equipment for the use when boating of people with disabilities.
Grant applications for volunteer recruitment and training should clearly state the nature of the need for the activity, the manner in which the need will be addressed, and the use of funds.
Active Devon is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.