Sport England wants to fund eligible organisations that get more people engaged in sport and meet one or more of the aims in Sport England's strategy, which are to:
• Get inactive people to become more active
• Develop more resilient sporting habits
• Lead to more positive attitudes among young people
• Develop more diverse volunteers
• Improve progression and inclusion in talent development
YOUR PROJECT MUST ALSO:
• Request a sum between £300 and £10,000 and total project costs must not exceed £50,000
• Be deliverable in a 12-month period from the date of our award letter
• Be focused on sports that are recognised by Sport England. Find the full list of sports that we recognise
• Be delivered to beneficiaries based in England
• Have a start date that is at least eight weeks after submission of your completed application and supporting documents
• Provide a new activity that delivers sport and physical activity benefits or one that shows a clear expansion on existing activity.
Criteria Changes - October 2019
Organisations can now apply to Sport England for projects that work with children from the age of five. Sport England would also like to support a range of activities that people enjoy, including less formal activities. So a project delivering activities not on the list of recognised sports could also be considered. Appropriate affiliation will be needed for sports that Sport England deems as high risk.