Physical Activity Development Officer
Do you want to work for an award winning team delivering award winning programmes?
Do you want to work for a national charity establishing a comprehensive network of doorstep sport opportunities across Northamptonshire?
Can you develop partnerships in communities to enhance projects and improve outcomes?
Do you understand the challenges when working in underserved communities delivering community-based doorstep sport?
We are looking for a Physical Activity Development Officer responsible for the development and delivery of our community-based Northampton Street Sports Programme, and our centre based Junior Active Programmes. In addition develop a network of doorstep sport opportunities across Northamptonshire on behalf of StreetGames.
- Northampton - Various, NN4 0RX
- Contact Name
- Chris Serbyn
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Mon 15th November, 2021
- 11:45pm - Sun 5th December, 2021
- Job Reference
About Physical Activity Development Officer
- To oversee the development of the nationally award-winning Northampton Street Sports Programme. This role will include partnership working, facilitating sessions and the recruitment and management of casual Street Sport Activators and Volunteers.
Trilogy Leisure Street Sports Programme
- To plan and deliver high quality sports sessions for children & young people as part of the nationally award winning Junior Active Programme in both term time and during school holidays. The sessions are required to be appropriate to the level and ability of the group
Trilogy Leisure Junior Activities
- To line manage, mentor and support Trilogy Sports Coaches and Activators
- To reflect on and evaluate on the effectiveness of TL's sports coaching sessions and develop an improvement plan including areas for development
- Complete and record health and safety checks to ensure the safety and welfare of all participants, coaches and yourself within sessions
- To encourage participation amongst inactive children & young people within the community including; females and young people from ethnically diverse and underserved communities
- Lead on the co-ordination and delivery of marketing and communication requirements for TL's Street Sport & Junior Active Programmes
- To establish and maintain strong partnerships and networks with other agencies at a local and county level to minimise duplication of effort and resources
- To work in collaboration with partners to identify community needs, organisational needs, training, funding and sustainability needs in order to deliver high quality provision
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects and compilation of performance reports for funding partners and internal and external stakeholders
- To report any accidents or incidents in accordance with TL's Health & Safety and Safeguarding policies and procedures
- Deal with customer enquiries, complaints and concerns and relay the information on to the Health and Wellbeing Development Manager or Manager on Duty as appropriate
- To attend team meetings as required
- To represent TL in a responsible, professional and courteous manner at all times
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post's level of responsibility
- Support organisations to identify training needs
Active Devon is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.