Let's Walk February 2020. Devon's Biggest Workplace Walking Challenge
First things first: make sure that before you leave this page, that you have scrolled down to the bottom of the page and signed up to the Sportsuite challenge platform to take part in the Let's Walk Challenge and created or joined a team.
Welcome to the Let's Walk Challenge. This month long challenge is all about how little changes make a big difference to you, your business and the world around us.
You have joined thousands of people across Devon to get walking during February both whilst at work and in your spare time. This challenge platform will allow you to create a team of colleagues, to invite your team to join and to log your steps during February to compete to win great prizes.
A few things you need to know...
- Start by creating a team or joining an existing team in your workplace
- Visit the FAQ section [Activity Tracker dashboard scroll down on the left hand side] to find out more about how to log your steps and how to sync your fitbit/google fit accounts and other helpful tips on how to use the challenge platform
- We will keep you updated throughout the challenge with a weekly email newsletter with the latest challenges, an update on the leaderboard and some great hints and tips on how to keep those steps going.
Congratulations on joining the challenge!
Track your steps every day. Any activity which involves steps, counts. whether you're at work or not. Make your next meeting a walking one, take the stairs instead of the lift, take a walk in your lunch break, why not walk to work? However you like to, get walking!
How do I track my steps?
However you like; use your smart watch, your smartphone or a pedometer. Log into the Challenge Platform, register your team and log your steps to take part. You can even log your steps based on how many minutes you have walked- it's that simple!
How many people in a team?
There is no limit to the number of people per team. You can take part with just 2 or a 100 team members.
The categories for the overall competition are:
Overall Team winners (average steps and also total steps)
Small (1-10) Medium (11-25) and Large (26+) Teams where we will calculate the average steps taken by each team.
What if another team has more people so can get more steps?
Your team score will be an average amount of steps per person so it's fair.
Are there prizes to be won?
There are weekly challenges and lots of exciting prizes to be given away including some fitbits, vouchers and other exciting goodies!
Keep an eye on our Active Devon Facebook Page and your weekly round-up emails to find out more.
"I'm not very fit so I'll never win, what's the point?"
You'll win health benefits!
Whether or not to compete with others is up to you, the main thing is that you are increasing the amount of physical activity that you do, so you are competing with yourself.
The challenge finishes at midnight Saturday 29th February and you will have until 12 midnight to add your steps during February either manually or syncing your fitness tracker. Steps will continue to appear on your activity tracker page after this date but wont be counted in the challenge.
The Let's Walk campaign is all about getting...
- People at work thinking about their health and the power of walking, then walking more to work, in work and at weekends
- People at work engaging more with their community and environment by walking more
- Businesses to support a walk-friendly culture and show commitment and leadership towards a more sustainable future
Creating a Walk-Friendly Culture Has Huge Benefits
- Walking more improves your health and wellbeing, making you happier
- Walking more boosts energy, morale and productivity, and is good for business
- Walking more makes our communities cleaner and greener, and protects the environment
Let's Walk Workplace Walking Challenge
We can't wait to get started on the 1st February when you can get started by recording your steps, competing against hundreds of other businesses across Devon, climb a leader board and be in with a chance to win great prizes!
Need some help? contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392925150